Wednesday 9 December 2009

Wishes

Everyone has wishes. A wish is something that you want. Something that you crave for. Something that you desire. A wish is a wish. And everyone has wishes ya. Most of the time, we wish for something good in our life. We wish for something that we want. We do not wish for something that we do not want. But in wishes, can we only wish for a positive wish or can the wish be a negative one as well?? On the Christian point of view , as a Christian, it is of my opinion that when we wish for something, we bring it up to God. I do not wish for something from Satan. I wish something from God. How do we wish something from God? We pray. We pray that God answers our wishes. We talk to him, we ask him. We ask that He grant our wishes. What our hearts desire - our hearts wishes. Question : Can we wish for positive wishes or negative wishes as well?? Let me give you an example: I wish from God that my family will remain safe and grow spiritually together with God. That is a positive wish. Something that brings good. Not to oneself, but to others. A negative wish would be like this : I wish that God will make those that compete against me in a competition, be sick during the competition, so that I may win and gain what I want or desire. That in my opinion is wrong. A negative wish from God, is not something we can ask from God. I do not think, that after all His teachings, we are able to ask and seek negative wishes from God. The right way to wish is to ask God to give Us strength to be stronger to win the competition, and not to wish that the competitor be weaker and to condemn them. That is not what God would want, I think. God wants us to be positive towards others. If He can teach us to 'Love our enemies', then how can we have negative wishes?? God teaches us to Forgive. He teaches us to Help One Another. Everything that He thought us, is to become more and more like Jesus and if u notice in detail, the things that Jesus does are positive ones. He was a good Samaritan ie help the needy. He Forgived our sins through his death - this is a positive action, a positive wish that through his Death, we are saved. So, seeing the teachings of the Bible, Jesus's sacrifice , and God's teachings to us as his Children, can we ever ask God in Jesus's name, to grant us a negative wish? It is of my opinion that the answer and conclusion, would be NO. We can ask positive wished from God to be better , to improve ourselves and love those around us. In time, we ask God to guide us along the way, to pick us up when we are down, and to forgive us our sins that we have done or may do in the future. Dear friends, we are not perfect like I said before in my previous posts.. we are all learning. We ask that God be on our side and that God guide us through tough times and good times. Let us pray that God will give us a peace of mind, think positively and to do positive actions like what Jesus would have done. May God bless us all! Amen.

**Zhou's Signature moment**

peace

Zhou

No comments:

Post a Comment